We have brought back the Classic VDO Cockpit style Cylinder Head Temperature Gauge kit. The 4.5 Meter kit is suitable for all Beetle, Karmann Ghia, Type-3 applications along with all Aircooled early Porsche Models such as 356 / 911 / 912 and 914. We also offer a version with a 6.6 Meter cable for Van / Bus and Vanagon applications using 14mm spark plugs.
- Either 4.5meters for Beetle application
- Or 6.6meters for Van application.
- Open tailgate and identify cylinder number 3. As you stand looking at the engine, it is left hand side nearest the bulkhead
- Remove spark plug complete with crush washer from cylinder number 3. Ensure the crush washer remains around the plug.
- Place 14mm eyelet over spark plug thread
- Refit spark plug. Make sure the 14mm eyelet is closest to the cylinder block.
- Connect the remaining leads as follows:
- Black to ground
- Green to ignition switched +12volts
- Red/white lead is for the internal LED illumination, connect to +12volts side light feed.
- Fit multi-plug connector to gauge and reconnect negative battery cable.
- Switch on ignition. Gauge pointer will perform full scale sweep.